Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

One of my very best friends is Sarah over at One Random B. The gal is a riot, and the humor of her blog is the exact humor she has in real life. We met in college back in 2005, I think, and just hit it off. We're both obnoxious and love to laugh, and she's just a great woman to have in my life.


Sarah recently nominated me for a Liebster Award after her own nomination, and I'm touched. I think it means she likes me. Here are my responses to her questions.

1. Who was your first kiss (and, yes, grade school stories count!)?
A boy named Matthew in kindergarten. It was a peck on the cheek, but that's big news when you're five years old. We were boyfriend and girlfriend for probably all of two days.

2. Who do you think would win in a fight and why: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, hands down. I was a huge fan of TMNT as a child - Donatello was my favorite. I had a handmade Donatello doll and everything. TMNT would never let me down.

3. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had my heart set on being a meteorologist. I didn't want to be a TV meteorologist though. The weather absolutely fascinated me, and still does. However, when I hit my teen years and realized the amount of science and math involved in pursuing a career in meteorology, I knew it wasn't for me. I'm definitely more of a liberal arts kind of gal.

4. Tablets or old-fashioned books? Why?
Old-fashioned books! I have a Kindle Fire, and I love it. However, I think I've read maybe two books on it in the year and a half that I've owned it. I use my Fire to play games and use the Internet (primarily while in bed). I love holding a book. I love to turn the pages. I love using pretty bookmarks (don't dog-ear pages around me - I might hurt you). I love the satisfaction of reading the last page of book, closing it up, and reflecting on the story. I just don't get that with a tablet.

5. What advice would you give to your 16 year-old self?
Calm down about your future. Everything will work itself out as it should.

6. Name 2 things on your bucket list.
Travel to Scotland and earn my Master's degree.

7. What is the riskiest action you ever took?
Moving from Florida to Georgia. It doesn't sound terribly risky, but I was terrified. We've been in Georgia now for five years, and while I miss our friends and family in Florida, I'm glad we took the risk.

8. Which song do you feel best describes your life?
I've got nothing on this one. I like listening to music, but I don't recall a song that "gets me."

9. What is your favorite quote?
"As long as you know that God is for you, it doesn't matter who is against you." - Romans 8:31

10. What has been your favorite travel destination?
We don't travel much, but I love living in the South because there is so much to explore. I love visiting eastern Tennessee (hence our season passes to Dollywood) and seeing the Smoky Mountains. Heck, living where we do affords us the opportunity to see mountains everyday, and I'm so thankful to live in such a beautiful area.

11. What inspires you?
At this very moment, our daughter-to-be is my inspiration and motivation for everything. I want her to know that she can do anything she wants in this life. I want her to be inspired by the people around her and her surroundings. I want her to see the beauty in everyday life. I know that when she makes her debut in the world, our world will be that much more beautiful and I can't wait.

I wish I could nominate 11 bloggers, but I don't read many blogs. And the blogs I do read are pretty popular already. Instead, tell me about a blog I should read to help me discover new content to fill my RSS reader with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment