Sunday, September 29, 2013

Crazy Good

I warned you all that I'm not good at keeping up with a blog.

I have been debating just chucking the whole thing out the proverbial window. But then, like right at this very moment, I need to get something out there. I love the idea of blogs, I love reading them, but for the life of mine, I can't prioritize keeping a blog for my own enjoyment.

Since the last time I wrote, I've started a new semester in grad school. This semester is kicking me in the rear. If I'm not at work, I'm trying to stay on top of my reading and assignments. Fall is always a busier time in our family. Husband's work schedule and football schedule keeps him away pretty frequently. Just the other night we scheduled a dinner date at 10:30 in the evening at Waffle House because we hadn't seen each other in 24 hours. We recently went out of town for a weekend, which means the inevitable game of catch up one plays when getting back to real life. My biggest accomplishment as of late? Getting ALL of our laundry washed and put away yesterday. I love those little victories.

But that's life, and I'm embracing it. I'm thankful I can do our laundry at home and have clean clothing to put on each day. Grocery shopping needs to happen very badly, but the fact that we can buy groceries is a blessing. I slept for maybe four hours last night because of some anxiety, but hey! I had a comfortable bed with lots of pillows and two kitties to snuggle with while trying to will myself to sleep. Things are far from perfect, but I'm here. And I'm thankful I can get a few thoughts out in the blogosphere.

I'll take the crazy because it means life is full. And it is good. And I am thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment