Saturday, June 29, 2013

End of June Update

Where in the world did June go?

I know where it went. If you know a youth librarian, you'll know that summer is (most likely) their busiest time of the year. Summer Reading just consumes you. We have six full weeks of programming, and I've survived the first three weeks. It's all downhill from here. It has been such a full and fun month of sharing books during story times, having special guests present their talents, and encouraging children to read, read, read. One of the best things about my job is interacting with the kids. There's one young man (I believe he's going into 6th grade) who shares book recommendations with me and just talks and talks about books. Seriously, is there anything better?

Outside of work, life has been just as full. With R not working over the summer, he has committed himself to serving in our church over the summer. Our church participates in a government program to feed children over the summer, and he has been dedicated to taking on a leadership role in that work. God is also guiding us to some big changes that will be happening in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to sharing updates when we have more assurance that the direction we're headed in is the right one.

Tell me something good in your life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment