Thursday, January 16, 2014

NaBloPoMo: Twelve

Prompt twelve: Who puts the most pressure on you -- yourself or others?

I put myself under a lot of pressure. I always have. I remember redoing my math homework in elementary school when my writing didn't look neat enough for my own standards. If I was working on a project that required gluing paper on to something, I would not be satisfied unless it was straight. I would drive my mom insane with my perfectionist tendencies - but she wasn't surprised by this trait because my dad was the same way.

I am more relaxed about putting pressure on myself in some areas of my life now. I give myself grace at home because I know I am not the most domestic person. I put a lot of pressure on myself to excel in school. Depending on the project at work, I put whatever pressure is necessary on to get the job done. I take pride in the work that I do, and I don't like the idea of knowing that I didn't do my best at the end of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment