Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jeremiah 17:5-8

My church started a new message series this morning for the Christmas season. This is the first holiday season since I was in elementary school that I have been in church. Sad, isn't it? My pastor discussed the hype of Christianity that drains the hope out of Christians. The hope was drained out of me as a teenager and in my early 20s. This year, that hope was restored thanks to this church, and I feel so blessed to have found a church home that nurtures my faith.

But I digress.

My pastor shared the following verses in his message this morning.

This is what the Lord says:
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
who draws strength from mere flesh
and whose heart turns away from the Lord.
That person will be like a bush in the wastelands;
they will not see prosperity when it comes.
They will dwell in the parched places of the desert,
in a salt land where no one lives.

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”
- Jeremiah 17:5-8
 
Because my hope is not in this world. My hope is in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment