Monday, May 20, 2013

Book: The Pioner Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

I have never followed Ree Drummond’s blog. I was never interested in her blog until my library ordered her cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier. I love this cookbook! Step-by-step pictures are gold for this kitchen-phobic girl. I also love Ree’s children’s books about Charlie the ranch dog. So when browsing through my library’s eBook collection, I found The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels and figured I’d give it a shot.

If you’re looking for a sweet love story and a fast read, this is your book. Ree is incredibly open about her love story to her Marlboro Man, but not to the point of TMI. I laughed out loud several times (especially her telling of their honeymoon to Australia), which doesn’t often happen. You get a little romance, quite a bit of humor, and even some suspense (thanks to a wicked prairie fire). Her style of writing made me feel like I was sitting next to her as she’s revisiting good times and bad.

This book wasn’t on my to-read list. Because I work with children and teens, I read more juvenile/young adult books than I do "adult" books. Ree's book was a fun read. I read the eBook version, and I’m embarrassed to admit that this was the first book I finished on my Kindle Fire (that I've owned for a year). If you’re looking for this book at your local library (which you should!), you’ll find it in general nonfiction.

Disclaimer: Yes, I've linked to where you can learn more about Ree's books. No, I'm not making money off the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment