Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book: Wedding Night

I picked up my first Sophie Kinsella book in high school and became instantly hooked to chick lit. I read “Confessions of a Shopaholic” and followed the entire series with excitement. When I finished the series, I devoured all of Kinsella’s stand-alone novels (including her works by her real name, Madeleine Wickham). After I finish one, I’m anxious to read what she writes next. Her latest release, Wedding Night, is hilarious!

Imagine everything that can go wrong on a honeymoon, and you’ve got this book. The characters are humorous, and there is a level of predictability of who ends up marrying who. While the premise is a bit much (which is often true of most chick lit, in my opinion), you’re not reading chick lit for the mental stimulation. Most chick lit is just plain fun with a lot of laughs.

If you’ve never read any of Kinsella’s book, I would recommend Twenties Girl (my favorite!). It doesn’t follow the traditional chick-lit formula. You should be able to find Kinsella’s works in the fiction section of your local public library.


Disclaimer: Yes, I've linked to where you can learn more about Sophie's books. No, I'm not making money off the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment