Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Duck Pond and Picture Books

Awesome happenings from this past weekend.



Richie and I braved the chilly temperatures and went walking at a local park. The park has a name, but locals refer to it as the duck pond. The waterfall in the background is a recent addition. We walked several laps around the pond, and we had the park all to ourselves for much of the time. It was a peaceful and relaxing way to spend an hour on a Saturday.


 
In my never-ending efforts to catch up on what's awesome in the world of children's books, I have been working my way through the Kirkus list of Best Children's Books of 2012. The picture above highlights some of the goodies I brought home this weekend. I enjoyed all of the above.

Tell me about something awesome in your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment