Friday, April 26, 2013

Faith: Good Choices

This past Christmas, I received a devotional collection from my mother-in-law. A few years ago, I would have thought the gift was a waste. My testimony of faith is colorful (I think), but it wasn't until a year ago next month that I started regularly attending church. I started opening my Bible again. I was reintroduced to Him. 

And let me tell you, it has been wild. 

I pick up this devotional collection every morning. If I skip a morning or two, I feel as if my whole day is off. I try to hang on to sometime from each reading for the day because my mind gets cluttered and crazy very quickly. About a week ago, I read one devotional that just stuck

As focused and motivated as I can be, I do stray from the task at hand. When I'm tired or worn out, I will not do what I should be doing. I feel like I shut down and throw an inner temper tantrum at what needs to be done. I'll start working on one thing, get distracted, think about the million other things on my to-do list, freak out, and then I'm left with nothing accomplished. Once I've hit this stage, I beat myself up over the choices I've made and the time I've wasted.

Then I read that morning's devotional and this line hit me.

I love Hello Kitty. And pink pens. 
That Hello Kitty post-it is on the center of our refrigerator. It reminds me to stop, breathe, and think it all through. Because at the end of the day, I don't want to regret the way I used the time God has gifted me. I want to spend that time doing whatever it is I am meant to do... and I'm pretty sure throwing myself a pity party over what I haven't accomplished isn't in His plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment