Thursday, April 11, 2013

Restaurant: Bert's Hometown Grill & Pizzeria

My favorite food is pizza. It has been since I was a child and I don't see retiring my love of this dish anytime in my future. I love cheese pizza - I have nothing against toppings, but a pizza that can stand on its own with just the classic ingredients is all this girl needs.

We discovered Bert's Hometown Grill & Pizzeria a few years ago on a road trip. We stopped in on a whim, and it was one of the best whims we have ever acted on. My mother-in-law was the first one to try the pizza after a recommendation from the waitress. Every time we return to Bert's, I get pizza. We make plans to stop here when we are passing through.

Delicious love.
This is a small cheese pizza. I won't lie: I ate most of it. Richie had some with his meal. It's deep dish, super cheesy, and pure pizza heaven. I know I should try other things off the menu, but if I find something I like, I'm not often adventurous enough to branch out. Fortunately, this pizza doesn't make me want to branch out.

Thank you, Bert's Hometown Grill & Pizzeria, for being at a halfway point on our road trips to the Smoky Mountains so I can refuel with your delicious pizza. I look forward to visiting again.

3 comments:

  1. Cheese pizza is also my all time favorite food. Yum yum! I wish I could eat your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always excited to "meet" another cheese pizza fan who is an adult. I recognize that some of my eating habits make me look like a child, but dang it, cheese pizza is amazing!

      Delete
    2. I frequently tell people I have the palate of a five year-old. :)

      Delete