Friday, January 10, 2014

NaBloPoMo: Eight?

I'm not a big fan of the eighth prompt for NaBloPoMo. It's about acupressure.

I've never tried it. That's my contribution.

Instead, I'd like to take a moment to mention how proud I am of myself for getting through this work week. I'm about to finish week 34 of my pregnancy, and each week I'm able to make it through work is a huge victory. I have cankles the size of an elephant's. My body aches. I constantly want to see the backs of my eyelids. But the best part of all is that I have a healthy and active baby girl who is growing beautifully and should be making her arrival in one month.

We got to take home a 4D ultrasound of our girl yesterday, and of course, she's gorgeous! She has chubby cheeks and currently looks exactly like her daddy. I remain in awe that my body is growing another life, and while it is so difficult, I thank God every day that I have this miraculous opportunity to do this.

The only complaint I have right now? This mild head cold that needs to go far, far away.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your growing family! I am very excited for you. Acupressure can be very effective for pain relief, insomnia, and stress. If you ever have the chance, try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to then, Lynda, especially for stress. :)

      Delete