Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Book: The Best Advice I Ever Got

I have been on a nonfiction reading kick lately. It doesn’t matter if it’s adult or juvenile nonfiction as long as it’s something I’m interested in reading about. I also tend to gravitate towards nonfiction because they are faster reads (for me) and I can skip around if necessary.

 
I came across a recommendation to read this title a few weeks ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. Katie Couric solicited advice from a diverse group of well-known individuals on a variety of subjects: pursuing your passion, how to handle rejection... you know, the stuff you encounter as an adult. One of my favorite bits of advice came from the advice provided by Ellen Levine.

I'm referring to the last sentence on the page.
It was a nice reminder that there is more to me than my job title and career aspiration. While I am very career focused at this season in life, I’m more than that. I am someone’s wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, aunt, and best friend. It is so easy to forget all the hats we wear, and even easier to forget which hats are the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment