Thursday, February 21, 2013

Reading Challenge: Update 1

Here's an update on the reading challenge I "signed up" for.

I haven't read for fun in almost a week.

I did attempt to listen to In Darkness by Nick Lake. Lake's title won this year's Michael L. Printz Award, so I thought I would give it a try. I couldn't get past the first chapter. I hate when that happens, but I'm getting better at not reading a book if I'm just not into it. I used to feel extremely guilty for not finishing a book I started, even if I didn't like it. There are far too many books on my never-ending list of books to read to read something that doesn't captivate my interest.

As of right now, I'm working through the following from this challenge:

Pure by Julianna Baggott
We've Got a Job: The 1963 Birmingham Children's March by Cythina Levinson
Bomb: The Race to Build -- and Steal -- the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheinkin

I'm in the thick of spring semester AND summer planning at work right now, so squeezing in this reading will require epic time management skills. But I can do it... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment