Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Center for Puppetry Arts

A work function that includes travel? That fits in my schedule beautifully!

Source
I had the opportunity to attend a workshop and tour of the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta recently for work. (Seriously, have I mentioned how awesome it is to be a youth librarian?) When you walk into the museum, the first puppet you see is Big Bird. During our downtime, we were encouraged to wander through the museum. Currently, there are many Jim Henson creations on display. My personal favorites? The fraggles and doozers!

We were allowed to take photographs. However, the Center does not generally allow photography in the museum exhibits. I'd love to share some of my photos, but I'm not much of a rule-breaker. Check out the Center's website (linked above) or Google Images for a peek into the museum. It's very kid-friendly, but there are programs for adults, too.

And if anyone from the Center happens across this blog, thanks for doing what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment