Monday, March 4, 2013

Reading Challenge: Update 2

I finished We’ve Got a Job last Monday.

Quick commentary: I hate to admit this, but I had no idea what children willingly put themselves through for integration. This book was incredibly informative and engaging - once I started reading, I couldn’t put the book down. I highly recommend this for history classes or any curious middle-grade students. Again, I say this often, but if you're an adult, pick up some children's literature sometime. There are some incredible recent contributions, such as this one.

I'm still working through the other two books I'm reading. It's slow, but I'm trying. I'm embarassed at times to work in a library and not ready as much or as frequently as I should. But then I remind myself of the various hats I wear and realize that if I can fit in just 15 minutes of reading before bed, that's OK.

One book down, 24 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment