Monday, March 18, 2013

Turning Off Autopilot

Is anyone else sick of winter?

This is the first winter where I have had a serious case of the winter blues. I have had little to no motivation to accomplish anything on my to-do lists. Anything that has to be accomplished is done as efficiently as possible. Life feels like it is on autopilot right now.

I'm just feeling blah. Can you tell by the little activity here lately?

Beautiful, blue skies on our way to church Sunday morning.
If you can't tell, I was in the passenger seat taking this.
This past weekend was the first taste of spring for us. It was glorious. Blue skies, warm temperatures, a nice breeze. Perfection. And as I write this? Gray, rainy, and thunder. My mother-in-law reminds me often that the beautiful days should be savored whenever we have them. If each day was filled with sunshine and perfect temperatures, could we truly appreciate the beauty?

Winter has been a reminder to me to savor the good days and learn from the bad. We experienced some rough things in this season within our families, but things are turning around in more positive directions. I'm turning off the autopilot features and giving the controls back to God.

"Moses asked God, 'Teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom.” Why would he ask such a thing? Because we all know if we aren’t paying attention, days slip into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years. The momentum is in His hands, but He loves us faithfully and gives us the choice." - Jason Stasyszen

No comments:

Post a Comment